The Tower is the athletics facility for Saint Mary's University, located at 920 Tower Road, Halifax, NS.
- There are 4 international squash courts with sanded hardwood floors. Some say they are the best courts in the city! To book a court, phone 491-8666 (front desk)
- Private or group lessons are available at this facility.
- Please check out http://www.smu.ca/athletics/courts.html for info on membership and day pass rates for SMUfit.
- For general inquiries about squash at the Tower (i.e. tournaments, leagues, coaching etc.) contact
- SMUfit Squash Club night was running every Friday from 6:15pm-8:30pm and was open for players of all levels. It is a drop-in format, which means anyone can show up at anytime to play anyone - and is free for SMUfit members. It runs from September - April. Court shoes are required, but some shoes and racquets may be available for use. If you are a beginner looking to get in to squash you can email
- The Metro Squash League runs every Wednesday night at 7pm
- The Premiere League runs on Tuesday and Thursday nights, with Divisions 1 & 2 on Tuesdays from 7:45-10:30 and Division 3 on Thursdays from 7:45-10:30.
- The Womens League plays Sunday afternoons1:45pm-4:00pm, end of September.
Summer Women's League
The summer league returns for it's third season!!! Join the ladies at SMUfit for a great summer of squash!
Welcoming women of all skill levels on Tuesday evenings from 7:00pm-8:30pm from May 1 to August 28, 2012. For more information please contact Orshy Torok at
Tower Members: FREE but must register
COURT SHOES are required!!
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 02:53